Monday, June 18, 2007

Kadri,
Town Hall Square, Tallinn


I am such a second-hand fan. I tried for a while shopping in ordinary high-street shops, but I was so disappointed with their quality. I really like all these “grandma” dresses and you can make them even cooler just by wearing some cool belt on them. I think I might be unconsciously affected by designers, but I cannot name any favourites.

Liia,
Harju Str, Tallinn


I absolutely hate if magazines write about “do’s” and “don’t’s”. I always end up acting au contraire, for example therefore I avoid leggins. I think teenagers look all the same and this is bit stupid and boring. I buy my clothes from Humana or shops in Paris and mix high fashion with high street.


Risto,
Viru Str, Tallinn

I am a graphic designer and I transfer many ideas from there to my own style. I like to wear colour, though today this might not seem like that. My favourite labels are Nudie Jeans and Cheap Monday. Estonians tend to choose one style and they are not willing to experiment anything else.

Annu & Kätlin,
Tammsaare’s Park, Tallinn

Annu: I like to read I:D and Vogue to keep up with the trends and get new ideas. I think very important is just feeling comfortable in your skin.
Kätlin: I try to avoid wearing black. Music is very very important, because music creates your mood and this in turn affects daily style. I like to design and make my clothes.

Siiri & Marika,
Viru Str, Tallinn


Siiri: I think my style is bit low-key, but I like colours. The problem is that somehow it is always easier to wear something monochromatic.
Marika: Well, I on the other hand try to be unconventional. I like to choose one style and follow it for a day or so, today it is kolkhoz. I don’t think I have ever had any idols. I think it is all about improving and developing your style.

Krete,
Viru Str, Tallinn

I like to shop in second-hands and flea markets. In summer I tend to wear more colour. I think this is overall trend in Estonia that in winter most of the people are in black. At the moment it is very important for me to feel comfortable.

Maile & Kadri,
Viru Str, Tallinn


Maile: In Estonia there aren’t many shops to choose from and therefore my favourites are Zara and Mango. Some people say I am influenced by Sienna Miller, but I am not sure, maybe.
Kadri: I do a lot of shopping abroad, especially in Helsinki. Estonian women really like to take care of themselves, but very often it ends up looking just bit too over the top.

3 Comments:

Blogger Siru said...

1# lovely skirt

18 June, 2007 20:31  
Blogger dario said...

hi!

please take a look at STREET CLASH (streetclash.blogspot.com), and if you're interested in competing for Tallinn, let me know and we'll talk details. Things start July 1, so if you want in let me know soon. Talk to you,

Darryl
STREET CLASH

26 June, 2007 00:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice ! feeling the Nudie Jeans myself also !

06 March, 2008 22:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home