Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Reykjavik’s street style

Hi! I spent two great weeks in Reykjavik and New York. Both cities have great street styles and luckily I managed to get some photos for you too. I was amazed that although Reykjavik is a tiny city, it had so many stylish people and so many great shops! You should definitely go and check that place out.

Ave




AC and Saga,
Reykjavik, Iceland


AC: Everything concerning my style comes from my head. You need to know about the old-school stuff, because everything is repeating itself. Some said that 90’s won’t come back, but they already have. At the moment I’m into big golden chains and crazy looks. Local climate also dictates Icelanders style – if you have about 9 months of darkness, you need to be more expressive with your style.
Saga: I’m a photographer and fashion plays a big part in it. I tend to wear a lot of vintage, also today, but this coat is new and by Hendrik Vibskov. We like to set trends not follow them. I'm doing a street style blog in Reykjavik too.



Lilja Hrönn,
Reykjavik, Iceland

My favourite colour has to be red. I have many clothes in red and I think today it is actually pretty obvious. I’m also a shoe-addict. My current favourites are the ones I’m wearing. I got them from Nordstrom. I admire people who don’t wear whatever is in at the moment and go for something new and different. I try to go at least once a year abroad and I do a lot of shopping there.



delaRósa,
Reykjavik, Iceland


Kron kron is definitely my favourite shop in Reykjavik, but I also buy a lot from high street. Reykjavik had a vintage phase, but now it is over, though, these boots are vintage. If I still want something old-school, I go to Sputnik - only great vintage shop here. I always try to wear something red, today the bag. I also like wearing clothes designed by my friends, for example this scarf, his collection was really successful and he is already making a new one.



Bára,
Reykjavik, Iceland

I usually don’t wear so much black, but today the weather dictated that. Local fashion scene here in Reykjavik has been improving incredibly fast. People are really brave and experiment a lot. There are many designer shops here, but I prefer to mix them with high street.



Omar,
Reykjavik, Iceland


I work at Sputnik and my co-workers there and friends are all really stylish. This definitely affects my own style too. I wear a lot of vintage, but I’m currently looking for new cool sneakers. I think Icelanders want to feel comfortable, yet always have their own style. People here are really into fashion and like to know what is happening, but in the end just combine it with their own style.



Marta,
Reykjavik, Iceland

There are many great shops in Reykjavik. Some of my favourites include Kron kron, Naked Ape, Rokk and Rósir and Gullti Kötturinn. My style is rather eccentric and it is essential to wear a lot of colour and preferably different. One of my style idols is myspace’s celebrity Raquel Reed, she always has crazy hairstyles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love it. A fresh DAYTIME perspective of the style scene in Iceland's capital....Thanks!)

24 September, 2007 05:57  
Blogger OnTheCorner said...

great style to ride a bike

26 September, 2007 01:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home