Tuesday, June 30, 2009





Silja,
Sauna Str, Tallinn


Today is so boiling hot that I just wanted to wear something comfortable. I’m naturally really pale and try to avoid showing too much skin, but in such heat, I don’t care anymore. Usually, in Estonian weather, my favourite piece of clothing is my raincoat – can’t live without it. I get most of clothes from vintage shops and flea markets. It is almost like treasure hunting; however, this sometimes leads to buying clothes I’m actually not going to wear. For example, a couple of weeks ago I bought this Turkish-style jacket I will probably never wear, but I was so happy when I found it. My parents are always telling me I shouldn’t buy such clothes, but I can’t resist.
This weekend there was the Supernoova competition and I saw in some newspapers the dresses made by Hanna Korsar and I loved them. It is really brave to go for something completely unexpected like these baroque-esque gowns.





Katriin,
Tammsaare’s Park, Tallinn

I don’t know what to think about my style. I guess my usual fashion choices lean towards the bohemian style, especially in the summer. I listen to indie-music so this probably affects as well. One thing I have noticed is how during the winter months I think more about what I wear and my style, while in the summer it is very laid-back. This summer I like statement pieces like this dress, and, in general, dresses and skirts. I’m very into the British fashion scene with designers like Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood and style icons like Agyness Deyn. It is very crazy and very brave. Also, every now and then I see what is happening in the haute couture world. This is because I don’t like boring clothes; I like when designers turn it up a notch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jagucha said...

Katriin lokks like one of olsen twins :-) smililar smile similar style, very nice!!!

01 July, 2009 18:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity of the first outfit. I have been looking for a top like the pink one for ages, does anyone know where she got it? Thanks xx

01 July, 2009 22:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home