Saturday, July 05, 2008



Anne,
Anne Metsis: ½-hundred beautiful things, Haapsalu Town Gallery, Haapsalu

I got into fashion because in small towns like Haapsalu there wasn’t anything else to do. I don’t like too offensive styles. You can make a statement without frightening other people away. I like neutral colour schemes, especially different tones of beige as I have a fair hair and clothes that match your hair can look very beautiful.



Ida,
Anne Metsis: ½-hundred beautiful things, Haapsalu Town Gallery, Haapsalu


Most girls in my age group dress too alike. One recommends something to another and you trust your friends and in the end everyone is wearing the same thing. I usually wear skirts and dresses, because too many girls are wearing only jeans. I got this dress from a second-hand in Haapsalu for 10 kroons.



Aino,
Anne Metsis: ½-hundred beautiful things, Haapsalu Town Gallery, Haapsalu

I don’t think I have ever worn green clothes, maybe only when I was really young. Otherwise I don’t discriminate. When already talking about colours, I do like white and blue. My style has always been very minimalist – simple shapes and only few accessories. As I am getting older, I care more about feeling comfortable, therefore I like wearing these plimsolls.


Mimi,
Anne Metsis: ½-hundred beautiful things, Haapsalu Town Gallery, Haapsalu


I really like pink clothes. My favourite piece of clothing is one pink skirt with sequins, but I also like this t-shirt with pink roses. My older sisters wear so beautiful clothes and I look up to them. I think older people should wear more beautiful clothes in beautiful colours. They should look for clothes not grab the first one they see.


Vassilissa,
Anne Metsis: ½-hundred beautiful things, Haapsalu Town Gallery, Haapsalu


I get so many ideas while talking to interesting personas and when I watch some classic films. I like Russian films, especially Andrei Tarkovski’s creations. I’m also affected by naivist artists. Central aspect in my style is absurd. I don’t want clothes to be too serious. For example today, this dress from a very thick fabric, although it is summer, I take elements from autumn and winter. My only accessory today is my wedding ring.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the post, because it depicts women in every age beginning with Mimi and finishing with Aino and everyone has a great distinct style! It is really all about style not trends.

I recently discovered this blog and I have fallen for it!

06 July, 2008 20:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love polka dots... nice to see different ways of wearing polka dots: big red-white dots, small blue and bigger blue ones..

Beautiful photos!

08 July, 2008 20:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blue dress! Where can I find it online?

11 July, 2008 00:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that old lady [Aino] style.
she looks beautiful and elegant

17 August, 2008 22:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home