Thursday, August 27, 2009





Liisa,
Mannerheimintie, Helsinki


Climate in the northern areas sets restraints to what we can or can't wear. It is still summer, but you constantly have to worry about clothes that would be suitable for colder weather as well. Therefore, in summer I try to wear heels as often as possible because in the winter it would be way too risky. Also, just because of the climate, I try to be more tolerant towards people wearing fur. I currently like big prints, the 80s fashion, shiny textures and everything that is over-the-top, but I try not to spend too much time and money on finding suitable clothes. This year's autumn collection at H&M is such an improvement and looks somewhat high fashion. For example, I got this jacket from there as well. In Helsinki, the fashion scene is picking up slowly, but it is still a small and very specific market. It is very clear that people here prefer more minimalist style, which might seem boring in, say, London, but is essential to our fashion scene.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jenni said...

YAY youve been to Finland. Are you still here? by the way, she looks absolutely amazing and from which H&M did she get this jacket? I haven't seen it anywhere, looks cool.

27 August, 2009 20:43  
Anonymous Antonio Barros said...

She looks adorable!!! I like her shoulder pads...

the singular

27 August, 2009 21:12  
Blogger Sille said...

i love the dress...

28 August, 2009 14:08  
Blogger Sille said...

sooo pretty dress...

28 August, 2009 14:10  
Blogger I V Y said...

wow the blazer is amazing.

29 August, 2009 04:29  
Blogger Matilda said...

wow, her outfit is awsome!
Check out my blog!

02 September, 2009 20:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home