Sunday, November 18, 2007



Tanya,
Viru str, Tallinn


I’m a big fan of layering. I also like short jackets that enable you to see what someone is wearing underneath them too. Colours are really important, and my current favourite is purple. I used to like red too, but now I’m bored with it. There are some really stylish Estonians, for example Beatrice and Heidy Purga have a great style.



Geelia,
Korean Student Films at Von Krahl, Tallinn


I don’t like to talk about fashion and clothes. Instead I’m a big fan of films. My favourites are Requiem for a Dream and Trainspotting. Films affect me a lot
.


Taro,
Town Hall Square, Tallinn


I have been living in Tallinn for two months now, I’m from Japan and came here as a tourist, but I stayed for little longer. Street style is major in Japan and especially in Tokyo. Japanese people like to go over the top and look like real-life anime heroes. Sometimes it is cool, but it can look tacky. I wear whatever feels comfortable and looks nice on me.



Ann,
Tammsaare’s Park, Tallinn

I really like skinny jeans and I’d love to find a nice oversized knitted jumper with a hood. In Estonia I mainly shop at Zara, but if I go abroad I always go to H&M. I sometimes browse fashion magazines, but I like to watch other people. Estonians actually dress really well, but maybe bit too smart.



Angela and Anna,
Kullassepa str, Tallinn


We are visiting from Sweden and our current style is just about feeling comfortable. We work at a shop called Indiska and we get a lot of stuff from there. Other favourites are shops like H&M, Mexx and Esprit. It is important to keep up with fashion, but make it your own. Angela’s favourite colour is black and Anna’s are brown and purple.



Heiko,
Rataskaevu str, Tallinn

My current favourites are different broken shades of brown and green. Many Estonians have a ‘summer’ and then also ‘winter’ style, but mine remains the same. I like to wear colour, but every now and then black is also a great option. I’m not a big fan of labels, because they actually cheapen your style.



Anna,
Tammsaare’s Park, Tallinn

I’m from Helsinki and I love that there are quite a few different stylish subcultures going on, although unfortunately they are a minority. I love the scarf I’m wearing, it is by Henrik Vibskov. I mainly shop at second-hands or for young designers- this way I can get more unique clothes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

estonians seem to have a quite bohemian style and its really cute that it seems natural, none of them looks like overthetop. it is actually very refreshing to see such styles, while most of the blogs represent people who dont seem comfortable in their shoes.

24 November, 2007 17:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Caty. I have just discovered your blog and I think it's one of the most authentic ones. People look so nice, as if they were just waiting to meet you and make friends. I also like the fact that you write something about the person on the picture. Then they are human being with tastes and emotions, not dummies. Thanks!

25 November, 2007 16:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home