Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!



Carmen,
Viru centre, Tallinn


I recently spent 3 months travelling the world. I’m a happy person and I want my clothes to reflect that. Usually I get things tailored, e.g. this coat. At the moment I’m designing a jacket with a heart motive to wear this spring. These boots are from Fornarina and are my current favourites. I wear them everywhere – here, where it is minus ten, and in Malta, where it is really warm etc. These earrings are really important to me as well, because I’m a hairdresser.


Matthias,
EKA, Tallinn

I’m from Germany, but I’m studying here. I survive this weather here by layering. To be honest, I don’t care much about fashion. I buy the same things year after year and they still look cool. People sort of adapt ideas from their surroundings and I go to an art school and concerts a lot. Though, I have my favourite sneakers’ label – Pro-Keds – I only wear their shoes.



Mihkel,
Lounge UpUp, Tallinn


I have my own definite style and therefore I rarely look others for inspiration. Then again, if you see something new and hip on a beautiful person, you’ll start to like it more and want it too. In winter I wear a lot of black, because it helps you feel warm, while in summer I want to wear light shades. It takes a lot of time to find something in Estonia, but my favourite high-street shop is Zara.



Ruts,
EKA, Tallinn


My wardrobe is based on colours. Half of the year here is really gloomy and dull anyway, so people shouldn’t wear so much dark colours. Even if you wear black clothes, choose colourful accessories. This would improve local street style also. Another thing that is important is to find a nice coat. It shouldn’t be too short (you’ll be ill in no time) or too long (you’ll look twice your size).


Terje,
Viru str, Tallinn


I always like to wear colourful clothes, but in winter I prefer bit darker shades. This year I’m really into beautiful structured coats, I never wore them before. It is so cold here in winter so I always wear gloves and a hat – can’t survive without them. Usually I know what I want to wear next season, like last year I was desperate for coloured jeans, but at the moment I haven’t thought about it.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmen is one of the best hairdressers around. Ans she sure looks like Roisin Murphy on these pics! Fabuolous.

18 February, 2008 10:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they all look so gorgeous!
I just found this site and I love it. It is more real than any other 'street style' site.

19 February, 2008 20:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm going to Tallin for the first time 4 march. We are going to make some shopping! But i've no idea where.. So please, can you tell me where we kan find good clothes och shoes stores..? Do you have second hand in tallin, vintage? :)
Thank you very much ! :)

21 February, 2008 10:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, is this more real than any other street style site?

please, go check out www.hel-looks.com. the estonian just can't be compared to Finnish..

22 February, 2008 22:59  
Blogger jackie said...

i love the last outfit!

muchlove.

24 February, 2008 20:56  
Blogger WendyB said...

Great colors in #1.

27 February, 2008 04:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog ;)

check

www.fashionpics.blogg.se

27 February, 2008 19:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog ;)

check

www.fashionpics.blogg.se

27 February, 2008 19:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to previous anonymous: i visit hel-looks.com quite often and i can't say that their street style is cooler. yes they have more different styles and colours, but you can't really say it's stylish. they look rather cheap and tasteless compared to this. i love the modesty in estonian street fashion and at the same time the ability to still look nice. keep going!

06 March, 2008 10:01  
Blogger L said...

i am so tires of allways coming here and seeing thease old pictures.. cmoon be more active! do, what you are so good at!(Y)

06 March, 2008 19:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just came across this site - love the looks in this post - great finds, ill definitely be checking back!

25 April, 2008 21:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home