Saturday, March 08, 2008



Ksenja,
Kuldnõela Gala, Tallinn

I like designers with their own signature style and quality also matters. My favourite designer from Estonia is Ivo Nikkolo. Another designer I love is Vivienne Westwood and I’m wearing her jacket and shoes today. A couple of years ago I had a great opportunity to work for her too. My favourite colour is black, because it always looks good and it suits almost any occasion.



Merilin
Kuldnõela Gala, Tallinn


Since I was a child, I love to be in the center of attention. My mother used to work at Pirita’s cinema, which is closed now, and I always entertained the filmgoers. Therefore I wear more theatrical clothes. I don’t care whether people like them or not. I made this dress. I found this fabric first and I had to have it. I think this twiggy-esque design makes this pattern pop out.



Julia,
Kuldnõela Gala, Tallinn


If I have time, I try to do my own clothes. My friend Andreas made this shirt for me. I am studying fashion and my designs are inspired by my travels to different cities and cultures - Barcelona, Berlin… I try to avoid labels, but my favourite designers are Hedi Slimane and Vivienne Westwood.


Andreas,
Kuldnõela Gala, Tallinn


If I’m really desperate for something new and cool, I’ll design and sew it myself. For example, today I wanted a cool shirt for tonight and I did this one and one for my friend Julia in like 2 minutes. I like experimenting with black fabrics. I like to see how different fabrics look under different light conditions. Estonian fashion is bit dull, because most of the designers worry more about marketing their designs than about their actual designs.


Britta,
Kuldnõela Gala, Tallinn


I regularly go through all the street style blogs, but one thing disturbs me – most of them are too trend-orientated, I’d like to see more different styles. I get my clothes from second-hands and charity shops, and because I work in one I can easily find the best pieces. I don’t want to name any particular designers I like, but I used to like Stella McCartney, but now her eco-friendly clothes have started to annoy me.


Jaanika,
Kuldnõela Gala, Tallinn


I like experimenting with shapes and cuts. The more I’m in fashion business, the sillier and more extravagant clothes I prefer. I also buy the cheapest labels I can. Fashion shouldn’t be taken so seriously. My favourite designer is Jeremy Scott, because his designs are also over-the-top.


Ines,
Kuldnõela Gala, Tallinn


It is not about the designers, but their designs. I don’t care much about popular brands and if possible I try to avoid them. Another aspect that matters is that my clothes have to be comfortable. I’m looking forward to summer when I can wear sandals. I recently dyed my hair darker and after that I have started to wear darker clothes too. Today I’m wearing only black, but I usually try to add some colour too.


Martin and Hans,
Kuldnõela Gala, Tallinn


Hans: My overall style always remains the same, but when seasons change, I add some new splashes of colour. I prefer more classical pieces. My favourite brand has to be Diesel.
Martin: I really like John Galliano’s creations. His designs are always very creative and can be bit over-the-top. You should never go for the tip to toe Galliano look, but you can adapt some details and ideas into your own wardrobe.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, new pics!
Merilin looks phenomenal, she looks like a doll from some other world. Andreas looks g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s! I agree with Britta that I would like to see more 'random' people on style blogs, because they inspire much more. If I want to see what is trendy, I will go to a mall- on a blog I want to see something weird and untrendy.
Thanks for the post! I'm really lovin it!

08 March, 2008 15:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tore näha, et inimesed muutuvad iga päevaga aina stiilsemaks ja stiilsemaks. Kusjuures tegemist ei ole niivõrd trendikamaks muutumisega, vaid just enda stiili avastamisega.

To previous poster
I don't think these blogs should be about random people, because majority of people in streets look just blah. I agree that these blogs should capture wider range of subcultures ( maybe more coverage of hip-hop scene would be relevant in Tallinn) , but not someone who puts no effort into her appearance and looks like a roadkill.

09 March, 2008 14:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys of "just glitter lust" please add this new street style blog of "Santiago de Chile" to your links, I'll add u too...Thanks

http://stgochilestyle.blogspot.com

http://stgochilestyle.blogspot.com

http://stgochilestyle.blogspot.com

Esteban_Teby

10 March, 2008 08:03  
Blogger Monika said...

People in Tallinn have sense for fashion!

12 March, 2008 15:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home